10 May 2010

McDonald's In The Desert.

When you are in the military and end up being stationed or deployed to various places around the world you look for those things that remind you of home. For me McDonalds reminds me of home.

It at times drives De'Dee crazy and I take some harrassment and good nature ribbing from family and friends but it has become a tradition that whatever country I am in that has a McDonalds I stop in and have something to eat.
I have had McDonalds in Germany, France, Monacco, Italy, Austria, Canada, Korea, Czech, and now Kuwait. It may seem odd but it brings a little bit of home to where I am at.
What I found interesting is what it said on the McFlurry I got with my Big Mac. As you can see on the last picture it was 100% halal. Halal for Muslims is like Kosher is for Jewish people.
So here is to a little bit of home in Kuwait, McDonalds in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup... and the sandwich would last for a year if just left alone... gross! Good natured ... hummm I want you to stop pouring that garbage into your body.

    ReplyDelete