08 November 2010

God Cares About All Things

This should have been blogged months ago.  No excuse for it taking so long.  It shows God cares about even the things we don't think he would care about.

I had arrived here in Kuwait and was going through what we call RIP (Relief in Place) / TOA (Transition of Authority).  It is the process that units go through when handing off the mission to another unit.

The mission here is such that I have Soldiers in my brigade that are scattered through out Kuwait and through out the region.  As part of the process of handing off the mission to me and my unit the outgoing brigade chaplain had the battalion chaplains take me on a tour of their AO.  This required traveling around Kuwait.

On one of the travels I was taken up to the Iraq / Kuwait border where I have a unit that process convoys through the boarder.  It was 6 years prior that I had gone through the boarder.  It was kind of an interesting feeling.

When we were getting ready to leave that evening I had taken my Blackberry out of its holster and was using it.  Just before climbing in the car I set it up on top of the car.  Finished preparing to climb in the car and then did so, not realizing I had left my phone on the roof of the car.  We then proceded to turn around and drive off.

We drove over speed bumps through the gate and then sped down the road.  About five minutes into the trip I realize I do not have my Blackberry and then realized I left it on the roof of the car.  So we whip around and speed back to the boarder, hitting a huge pot hole along the way.  Over more speed bumps and we arrive back to where I climbed in the car.  I was praying and hoping that I would find my phone on the ground unhurt but at that point I just wanted to find it.  It has all my contact info and I did not want someone, to get a hold of that info.

As I climb out of the car and begin to look on the ground where the car had been parked one of the Chaplain Assistants climbs out of the car on the other side and yells across the car to me and says, "It is still on the car!"  I said, "What?"  She repeated herself.  I said, "No way!"  I turn around and there it sits on the car.

I rejoiced and gave God the glory.  I have a saying, "God protects fools and children, and I am not getting any younger."  God cared enough to protect the information on my phone along with knowing how much of a life line it is because of Yahoo Messenger that I have on it.  It was amazing that it held on and there was no ledge or anything to prevent it from falling off.  I believe that simply the hand of God held it in place.

3 comments:

  1. I praise God that He protected it too. He is a pretty sweet God to have thought so much of us to have protected our communication so carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always were the Golden Boy. That's why your paper was blank when you were 4. :) Seriously, I am amazed at the things God does for us. PTL!

    ReplyDelete