13 August 2011

When You Hold God To His Standard...

It is interesting how we as humans feel it necessary to remind God what His Word says.  A couple of months ago I found myself doing just that.  To understand what I am talking about let me back up for a minute.


In the fall of '09 I was accepted to the resident Intermediate Level Education course (ILE) at Fort Leavenworth, KS.  I was initially supposed to report last summer but was slightly tied up do to a "deployment."  The quotes are for emphasis because this "deployment" was to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.  Those who have been to Camp Arifjan know that it is more of an unaccompanied tour then a deployment.  Yet I digress.


Because my selection was a surprise and because we had purchased a house De'Dee and I discussed our options.  We chose that I would go as a geographical bachelor while De'Dee remained with the house until it sold.  We were set with this plan for De'Dee to wait because the house is only two hours away from where we are moving to.


We realized that after a year of being gone and not getting R&R that being apart is definitely not what we want.  We also learn that most days I would be done with class by 1230 - 1300 (1230 - 1:00 pm for civilians).  That made it even more that we did not want to lose that time together.  So we began to pray.


The prayers went something like this,  "Heavenly Father, your word says...."  We then proceeded to remind him of our faithfulness and what his word had to say.  Specifically to the point of the fact that we are not to remain apart unless it is for prayer and fasting.


I mean it must be God's fault that we made the decision to be apart and that the house wasn't selling.  So if he wanted for us to be together like his word says then he best sell the house.  After praying this prayer a few times God stopped me and asked me what I was going to do about the situation.  I thought me I can't sell this house only you can.  He began to show me that I had a responsibility to hold to his word also and I wasn't.


You see I had not done anything to make sure De'Dee was coming with me.  No movers set up nothing.  So I proceeded to contact transportation and get the movers over to our house in the Fort Riley area and bring her to Fort Leavenworth, KS so we are together.


No, the house has not sold but it seems God wants us to rent it and not sell it at this time.  De'Dee is here with me and though it is hitting our pocket book pretty hard to have a mortgage and rent.  Yet this situation is much better with having De'Dee here with me.  God is protecting hour finances and keeping faithful on his part.


Just be aware that if you are going to hold God to his standards and Word I would make sure you are doing your part because he will call you on it as you have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment