01 February 2009

Former President George W. Bush

I had the great honor last year to be a part of the audience when President George W. Bush came to Korea and stopped at Yongsan Garrison to visit with Soldiers.

This is my favorite picture of President Bush. Not because it is silly but because you can just see the joy that he has. You can tell he made things fun.

I have been listening to reports on the news and from individuals who have this strong hatred for this president. I am not sure I quite understand their anger. For 7 plus years this president ensured the safety of our country. It seems that individuals forget so quickly what happened on 11 September 2001. Maybe it is because it did not effect them personally.

I just don't understand the anger. We had a pretty good life over the last 8 years. We have lived in safety since 9/11.

I find it intersting that the challenges that the country faced began when there was new leadership in Congress. It was certain individuals in Congress that allowed the situation to go down hill as far as the economy is concerned. It was lenders giving money to people who had no business borrowing money.

One of the greatest issues in this economy is people buying homes at a price that they may qualify for but could not afford. It is people not taking responsibility for their actions and paying their bills. People looking for excuses for their failures and want to blame the governement.

We have become so lazy as a society that we feel that we are owed something instead of working for what we get.

I guess some people needs to have someone to focus their anger and blame on. For me I was honored to call him my Commander and Cheif. Because of President Bush my family and friends continue to live free. Yes, I was deployed and was part of one of the biggest battles in Iraq. I have not stayed safely in the states but have stood up and did what was requested of me.

Thank you President George W. Bush for being a man of God and holding to your values and standards. May God bless you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment